The Festival’s Art & Photography exhibition and sale had over 300 entries last year featuring some amazing paintings, photos, sculpture and woodworking. We’ve now opened the entries for 2014 through our website. We receive works from across Australia and have negotiated transport arrangements in the Murray-Riverina region to make shipping easy. If you are a new exhibitor and would like to showcase your work for judging in our competition or find new buyers for your art, please click on the Forms tab and look for the registration forms.
During the Art and Photography Exhibition and Competition we provide a chance for artists to display their talents by depicting the Australian bush culture and heritage that is celebrated by the Festival. We encourage all visual art forms from oils, watercolours, pastels, mixed media to photography and sculpture and clay.
A popular element of our exhibition is the judged competition with prize money to the value of $500 for each section. Generously supported by WAW Credit Union, Snowy Hydro and many other local and regional sponsors, the exhibition is a significant and popular part of the Festival. There will also be generous prizes awarded to exhibitors by popular choice in each section. The Festival attracts large numbers of visitors to Corryong and in 2013 over 1000 visitors passed through our exhibition doors.
In memory of Carol Hawke, photographer and dedicated Art Show volunteer, The annual Arts Upper Murray acquisitive prize for Best Wildlife Photograph. This collection is to celebrate Carol’s passion for Australian wildlife and her love for nature. She had a way of capturing not just the subject but it’s spirit too. Her images provoked an emotional response in the viewer and we will be looking for that sort of connection in the winning work
What we offer …
• An Art/Photography Competition.
• An integrated display of Photography and Art open over 4 days
• Comprehensive catalogue for all displayed works
• An Opening Night Cocktail soirée with live music, food, wine and art auction
• Hands-on art activities for children and adults
• Demonstrations by talented visiting artists, craft displays and workshops
Art Exhibits :
All art form categories are accepted and welcome and we can display hung work, freestanding or table displays. The Memorial Hall offers a spacious viewing area with great overhead lighting. We supplement this with individual spot lighting as appropriate.
Photographic exhibits :
If you are a photographer you may exhibit prints that are fully framed or matted only. A typical matted only assembly would consist of:
• Window mat (single or double) – cut to a professional standard
• Print (hinged by tape – usually acid free – to back of window mat)
• Foam core or Backing card (securely attached to back of window mat to “sandwich “ print between),
• Matted only work has to be hung in the same way as framed prints. A hanging cord or wire must be FIRMLY secured to mounts which are in turn FIRMLY attached to the back of the mat assembly (remember the prints will need to be able to hang for 5 days so the mount must be secure).
Our “Bush Festival” is an overall theme but is not meant to be restrictive. Please feel free to express your talents to inspire our visitors.
Please circulate this letter and entry form to other artist friends, the more the merrier!
For further information, please contact the Festival office on 02 6076 1992 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org